The official rules of The LandTrust for Central North Carolina’s Digital Photo Contest.
The Photo Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers. Board members, employees, or interns of The LandTrust, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) are not eligible to enter.
By submitting an entry into the Photo Contest, entrants certify that the photograph is theirs. If it is later proven that the photograph is not theirs, the entrant will be permanently disqualified from all future LandTrust photo contests.
The photo contest is hosted by The LandTrust for Central North Carolina, 204 E. Innes Street, Suite 280, Salisbury, NC 28144.
The Photo Contest begins at 12:00am on June 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm on July 31, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
WHAT TO ENTER
The LandTrust for Central North Carolina is committed to the conservation of North Carolina’s Central Piedmont . Therefore, for our 2017 Photo Contest, our theme is Seasons of the Central Piedmont. The subject matter can be anything with ties to conservation, natural resources, or outdoor recreation in our 10 county region (Iredell, Davie, Davidson, Randolph, Rowan, Cabarrus, Stanly, Montgomery, Anson, and Richmond).
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files no larger than 10MB at the time of entry. The winning photographers may be asked to send a higher resolution image of their submission after the entry period has closed. All photographs should depict natural resources in the 10 county region listed above and must be submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg form.
(If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The LandTrust should we ask for them.)
The LandTrust’s staff shall determine all entries’ eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
All images must be submitted via email to our Membership and Outreach Associate, Sam Parrott, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may enter up to four submissions. All submissions must include a title and a brief description (location, month the photograph was taken, county, subject matter). The LandTrust reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and The LandTrust’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize / recognition unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
Photos will be judged by the LandTrust staff & Board of Directors. We will evaluate all valid entries and select winners for the following categories:
- Spring – The LandTrust staff will select 3 photographs that reflect the spirit of spring in the Piedmont. These three photographs will be featured as the official images of March, April, and May on the 2018 LandTrust for Central North Carolina calendar.
- Summer – The LandTrust staff will select 3 photographs that reflect the spirit of summer in the Piedmont. These three photographs will be featured as the official images of June, July, and August on the 2018 LandTrust for Central North Carolina calendar.
- Fall – The LandTrust staff will select 3 photographs that reflect the spirit of fall in the Piedmont. These three photographs will be featured as the official images of September, October, and November on the 2018 LandTrust for Central North Carolina calendar.
- Winter – The LandTrust staff will select 3 photographs that reflect the spirit of winter in the Piedmont. These three photographs will be featured as the official images of December, January, and February on the 2018 LandTrust for Central North Carolina calendar.
- Overall Winner – This one photograph stands out above the rest! It depicts the central Piedmont in a stunning way that captivates our staff.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
The LandTrust will notify the winners via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
The LandTrust will award the following prizes:
The twelve photographs selected for the 2018 LandTrust calendar will be promoted on The LandTrust’s social media and print. Also, at the beginning of each month, we will highlight our ‘Photo of the Month’ and the photographer that took it!
One (1) Overall winner will receive:
- The overall winner will win a nice framed print of their photograph with a plaque commemorating their official ‘LandTrust for Central North Carolina’s Photo of the Year’!
Your photographs help The LandTrust protect The Piedmont’s amazing diversity of wildlife, people, plants and habitats. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including copyright.
If you submit a photograph, you grant The LandTrust a 2 year royalty-free, nonexclusive right to display the photograph on our website, social media, and publications (always with credit given to the photographer).
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com