These are the paddle trips that qualify for the LTCNC Paddle Challenge. You can pick any eight of the routes to complete the challenge!
Please keep in mind that difficulty levels vary with the weather. After storm events, it may take less time to complete routes, but could also be more dangerous with higher water and debris. During periods with less rain, water levels will be low and trips might take longer and require getting out to pull boats over rocky areas. Be appropriately prepared for the water conditions.
- Cabin Creek: Spies Road (out and back)
- Daniel Boone Heritage Canoe Trail
- Hitchcock Creek Blue Trail: Roberdel Access -> Steele Street Access
- Little River: Pekin Road (Wildlife Resource Commission Access) -> Capelsie Dam
- The Narrows: Badin Access (out and back)
- Rocky River: Plank Road -> Hwy 52
- South Yadkin River: Hwy 601 S -> Hannah Ferry Road
- Tuckertown Reservoir: Riles Creek Access (out and back)
- Mountain Creek: Grassy Island Road (out and back)
- Uwharrie River: multiple options – pick one!
- High Pine Church Road -> Low Water Bridge
- Low Water Bridge -> Hwy 109
- Hwy 109 -> Capel Property or Morrow Mountain State Park