The LandTrust for Central North Carolina
The LandTrust for Central North Carolina seeks outgoing, passionate, and entrepreneurial candidates for the position of Development Associate. The position will direct and/or assist in all aspects of the organization’s development program, including fundraising events, grant writing, membership development, social media marketing, and major donor solicitations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for land conservation and preserving special natural areas, a can-do attitude, and a commitment to expanding the organization’s donor base throughout its service region.
The LandTrust for Central North Carolina is a nonprofit land trust serving ten counties in North Carolina’s Lower Yadkin Pee Dee Watershed. To date the organization has permanently conserved over 22,000 acres. The organization is also committed to fostering a conservation ethic in the region through outreach events, media, and conservation education.
The Development Associate will join a small but entrepreneurial and committed staff and will have the opportunity to assist in all areas of the land conservation process. The position will be based in our main office of Salisbury, NC, a charming, historic town of approximately 30,000 on the Yadkin River, but will be expected to travel extensively throughout our service region.
- Be a face of the organization in the community, connecting with donors and prospects to help grow awareness and financial resources.
- Manage and implement a major gifts program, including one-on-one donor prospecting, cultivation, and solicitation, including planned giving.
- Manage all aspects of foundation and government grants, including researching, writing, monitoring, and reporting on grant initiatives.
- Work with Executive Director, Board and Fundraising Committee to establish annual benchmarks for the Development Program and implement an annual work plan to achieve development benchmarks.
- Assume primary responsibility for development-related special events. Coordinate membership development efforts at other outreach events.
- Represent the organizations to individuals and groups as needed.
- Implement social media marketing in the development program.
- Manage the donor database system.
- Manage all corporate and donor collateral materials and solicitation procedures.
- Support the Executive Director, Board, committees, and staff as required.
- A passion for land conservation and preserving special natural places, and an understanding of conservation’s importance to the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a reputable institution.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills with an outgoing, friendly, and passionate demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills and a disciplined approach to work and problem solving.
- Strong motivation and work ethic, with a relentless commitment to succeed.
- The desire and ability to travel throughout the service region in achieving development benchmarks and expand the organization’s fundraising base.
- Experience with database management and social media applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive to function independently and to proactively advance the LandTrust to prospective donors and other sources of capital.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to The LandTrust for Central North Carolina, P.O. Box 4284, Salisbury, NC 28144-4284, by November 1, 2012.